Long Island is considered to be the first suburb in the U.S. Spanning the 118 miles to the east of Manhattan; the island offers long stretches of sandy beaches, rolling farmland, and hiking trails. With plenty of neighborhoods and communities, Long Island is an ideal place to escape the hustle and bustle of New York City.
Although Brooklyn and Queens are technically located in Long Island’s landmass, they’re not considered to be part of the region. The island comprises only Nassau and Suffolk counties. Still, it’s not far from New York City’s five boroughs, making it an ideal location for rejuvenating your mind, body, and spirit.
Perhaps that’s why so many people head there for self-care and personal growth. If you have been searching the internet for drug rehab near me, you should consider drug rehabilitation in Long Island. It’s a central location for clients from nearby states, including New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
If you don’t live nearby, however, you might want to travel to the area for drug rehabilitation and addiction treatment. The location can serve as a getaway that removes you from your triggers and negative patterns. But it’s close enough to help you feel comfortable and at home, as you build your lifestyle in recovery.
Table of Contents
Is This the Best Drug Rehab Near Me?
Long Island Addiction Treatment Center is an inclusive, compassionate drug rehabilitation facility that is conveniently located near several urban areas. We aim to provide a customized, multifaceted approach to addiction treatment. Even though our team provides a distinct, personalized treatment plan for every client, they agree that recovery is possible for everyone.
Our center has a residential, welcoming feel. It’s important for you to be comfortable in your surroundings as you begin your journey toward recovery. Whether you are visiting for outpatient dual diagnosis services or sober living support groups, you can leave your cares behind and focus on yourself at our facility.
What Addiction Treatments Do You Offer?
We provide rehab and aftercare for individuals who want to stop using harmful substance use disorders and build a fulfilling, sober life. Our center specializes in working with people who want friendly, consistent, meaningful, and effective care outside of an inpatient environment. Because substance abuse often co-occurs with other mental health disorders, we offer dual diagnosis treatment programs.
Substance Abuse Services
Clients can enroll in the following types of programs at our facility:
- Partial hospitalization program – Also known as a PHP, this program offers full days of therapy, treatment, and support. However, clients don’t sleep at the facility. They can return home to manage other obligations and responsibilities at night.
- Intensive outpatient program – Similar to a PHP, this service offers mental health and addiction care on a full or part-time basis. This is a step down from PHP or inpatient treatment but offers the continuation of care for individuals who aren’t ready to resume their regular routine.
- Outpatient rehab – Our traditional outpatient treatment option is ideal for individuals who are ready to go back to work or school. If you can manage your daily obligations but need ongoing therapy, support and guidance, you can work toward your addiction recovery goals in an outpatient setting.
- Aftercare program – Life after rehab can look very different than it did before you did all of that work on yourself. Our aftercare program helps you stay on track when it comes to your sobriety. Many individuals find the supportive community and therapy options helpful for keeping them away from the temptation of old behaviors. Maintaining a connection with our facility can remind you of the hard work that put you on the path to healing.
- Alumni program – If you’re no longer in Long Island, you can continue to connect with other patients who have graduated from our facility through our alumni program. We offer in-person and virtual opportunities to gather with your peers, seek support and share encouragement.
Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction and Mental Health
Within the particular format that you choose for your care, you will develop a specific treatment plan. This is different for everyone because it must address your personal challenges and strengths. The best treatment plan is flexible. It can be modified as our providers get to know you and witness your progress.
Effective treatment methods allow you to quit using substances, remain off of drugs, and function well in your life and society. No single method works for everyone. However, evidence shows that a combination of psychotherapy and medication provides the best results. Even so, there is a wide variety of psychotherapy approaches and medications that you can use to treat your addiction.
Some approaches that we use at our Long Island drug rehabilitation center include:
- Individual counseling – Patients work one-on-one with licensed, certified therapists. The mental health professional may use various techniques to help you learn about your addiction, explore your triggers, break free of negative patterns and develop healthier strategies for coping with intense emotions. Individual counseling offers a private environment in which patients can feel free to open up without fear of judgment. It also allows patients and therapists to do deeper work than they could do in group sessions.
- Group counseling – Going through therapy with a group provides connection and support. You may participate in similar exercises as you would in individual therapy. However, group members may have the opportunity to share their insights, celebrations, and stories. This collective healing can inspire you to move past hurdles and provide perspectives that you wouldn’t be exposed to otherwise.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This is an approach that psychotherapists can use in individual or group sessions. It involves bringing awareness to the way that your thoughts shape your behaviors. Instead of focusing on the past or venting about your troubles, you’ll learn to recognize inaccurate thinking and develop constructive ways of dealing with stress and overwhelming emotions.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – This approach is also used during counseling sessions and offers tools for developing mindfulness and acceptance. Practicing the techniques that you learn in this modality prevents you from forming snap judgments that blur the lines of reality. It also helps you rewire the communication patterns in your brain so that you can think more realistically and clearly.
- Contingency management – An effective treatment for substance abuse disorders, contingency management is all about rewarding positive behavior to increase its frequency. For example, offering a treat or prize for submitting a clean urine sample may encourage you to stay clean for future drug tests.
Is a Long Island Drug Rehabilitation Center Right for Me?
Our drug rehabilitation center is ideal for individuals who struggle with addiction. If you’re not sure whether you have a problem with drugs or alcohol addiction, you can call us to discuss your situation. We can even offer resources and tips for conducting an effective intervention for a loved one.
We provide a hospitable environment and well-rounded treatment options for patients who have gone through detox and want to sustain long-term recovery. If you live close to the area and have a safe place to stay at night, you can enroll in our PHP, intensive outpatient, or aftercare program. This works well for people who can take time away from their obligations and travel to the area, as well as patients who live nearby.
Continual support is essential for keeping up with your recovery. At our facility, we offer a variety of methods of long-term treatment for people who have stepped down from inpatient care or don’t need to enter a residential facility. You’re an ideal candidate if you are able and willing to manage your regular responsibilities while taking an active role in your recovery.
Contact us for more information. We can answer questions about addiction and treatment options. We are happy to discuss your mental health concerns and help you decide whether we are the “drug rehab near me” that you have been searching for.